Tuesday 4 August 2020

Wanlock Dod and Sowen Dod


29 July 2020

Participants: Just me

Where:    Wanlock Dod, 552m/1811', P. 94m, Tump, OS 71, NS 875 140 and Sowen Dod, 546m/1791', P.69m, Tump, OS 71, NS 866 144

I parked at the county boundary for those two gently rolling hills in the northern Lowther Hills. A high starting point plus a rough path up the side of a fence added to their ease of access. There was a small cairn at the top of Wanlock Dod and a gate and a junction of fences marked the high point of Sowen Dod. 

Setting off......



The view to Lowther Hill from the summit of Wanlock Dod.....



The view west to the Marilyn, Green Hill from Wanlock Dod.....



Sowen Dod from Wanlock Dod.....


Green Hill from the col between the two Dod's.....



Approaching the summit of Sowen Dod.....



Summit of Sowen Dod with Tinto on the horizon.....


I returned the same way, a pleasant gentle walk where as I expected, I saw no one else.

No comments: