Tuesday 5 July 2016

Carn na Loine

3 July 2016

Participants: Just me
Where: Carn na Loine, 549m/1,800', Sub-2k Marilyn, Map 27, NJ 070361

The MBA Trustees meeting was being held at Laggan and although the forecast wasn't great, I decided that as I was in the north-east, I might as well take the opportunity to add a couple of new Marilyns. Carn na Loine is an unremarkable moorland hill to the north-east of Grantown on Spey. It is reached by a minor road off the B9102. This road was very quiet so I wasn't worried about parking in one of the grassy lay-bys near to the start point, the houses at Auchnagallin. This is the hill seen from the road.....


The initial walk was along the track with the hill showing up in front (centre).....


It was a pleasant enough walk and, although cloudy overhead, the Cairngorms were clear behind me.....

I left the track just before its high point and where it swung round to the east. Then it was a case of head down and bash through a mix of grass and heather. As this is I guess a rarely visited hill, there was no trace of a path.

There was a trig, this is looking past it to Ben Rinnes.....


and to the Cairngorms.....


but basically it was just moorland in all directions, to the west and north.....


and to the east.....


Not much more to say about this one!

No comments: