Tuesday 1 July 2014

Cruach Tairbeirt

30 June 2014

Participants: Neil and Ben
Where: Cruach Tairbeirt, 415m/1,362', Sub-2k Marilyn, Map 56, NN 312058

I have climbed Cruach Tairbeirt a number of times, it is a very fine viewpoint above Tarbert, Loch Lomond. I followed my usual route which I wrote up in February 2011 so I'll just post a few photographs this time. I crawled my way up the hill rather than walked it; I'll blame the hot and humid weather, either that or I'm really getting past it! There had been a fair bit of wind fall since my last visit but a bypass path had already formed round the obstacles, proof of the popularity of this hill.
 
Looking to Ben Reoch just after emerging from the trees.....
 
 
 
Ben Lomond and Loch Lomond from just above the tree line; it's worth climbing the hill just for this view.....
 
 
The Brack, the Cobbler and Beinn Narnain......
 
 
Looking down Loch Long.....
 
 

1 comment:

blueskyscotland said...

Fine hill in a great area Neil. I liked the green moss forest around the base at the start.