Monday 9 May 2022

Dochrie Hill (Ochil Hills)

 7 May 2022

Participants: Just me.

Where: Dochrie Hill, 366m/1,201', P 39m, Tump, OS 58, NO 082082

A dry but hazy day for a visit to what I guess is a rarely visited Ochil top, one that lies to the north of Milnathort. I accessed the hill from the south by a minor road that runs past the houses at Meikle Seggie and parked at a sharp bend in the road where it exits a forest. I then walked a few hundred metres further north to the start of a track which took me most of the way to the summit. Baulk Hill and in the distance, right, Dochrie Hill from the start of the track..... 

I could have added another Tump, Knock Wood. This photo should demonstrate why I didn't bother|.....

Instead, I simply made my way up grassy slopes to the only obstacle, a new barbed wire fence before the final bit over deep heather to the high point. There were however some useful wooden slats where the fence met an old wall so no problems getting over. Heading up.....

The actual high point was a grassy patch amongst the heather.....

and despite the haze there was a reasonably good view south to Loch Leven and West Lomond. I returned the same way.




No comments: