Wednesday 2 March 2022

Earn Hill (Greenock)

 14 February 2022

Participants: Just me

Where: Earn Hill, 202m/663', P 131m, Hump, OS 63, NS 228 756

It was a nice day for mid-February so I decided to do my first new hill since last autumn, one that I had been looking to do for some time. I got the train to Branchton and a local bus which went to a housing estate about half way up the hill. I then walked up Earnhill road to an industrial estate. Earn Hill from Branchton taken last year.....

Earn Hill from the industrial estate.....

There was a high fence at the road end but with metal gates which were open (apparently they are left unlocked) leading to a track to some water works and the access to the hill proper. It was obviously a popular route to the hill as there was a good path from the end of the track directly to the trig point. Someone had constructed a wooden seat at the trig, although it was facing the wrong way for the best views!

As expected, it was a good view point. Over Greenock to the upper Clyde.....

Across the estuary to the Roseneath peninsula.....

Across the estuary to Dunoon.....

The peaks of Arran on the western horizon.....



No comments: