Thursday 27 May 2021

Bow Hill (Greenock)

 26 May 2021

Participants: Just me

Where: Bow Hill (Greenock), 136m/446', P 55m, Tump, OS 63, NS 257 766

The promised sunny weather did not arrive and there were spots of rain at times but visibility was good. I had a dental appointment in Glasgow so after my checkup, made my way to Central station and took the train to Fort Matilda. The road up to the Lyle Hill viewpoint was steep so what would have been an easy tick if I'd been driving turned out to be a good walk. The high point is in the middle of a golf course which is accessed up some steps from the viewpoint. I had to walk the length of a couple of holes to reach the broom covered top which stands above the 9th tee. There were a lot of golfers about but I followed golfing etiquette by standing still when they were playing a shot and there was no problem. The highest point was in the middle of gorse but had obviously had visitors as the gorse was trimmed back on the way to the high point.

 


Approaching the high point.....



looking back down the fairways to the upper Clyde.....


The hills of Arran in the distance.....


the best views were over Gourock to Cowal, Dunoon and the Roseneath peninsula.....





No comments: