Saturday 3 April 2021

Mounthullie

30 March 2021

Participants: Just me

Where: Mounthullie, 231m/758', P 97m, OS 64, Tump 

I took the bus to Lennoxtown and walked from there up a very quiet country road. The forest that covered the top of the hill is being cut down although the track to the top remained clear. The high point used to be on the rim of a small quarry but that had all been filled in. The soil was firm enough to enable easy walking although it might be a bit messy in rainy conditions. Felled forestry.....


The Campsie Fells through a pile of logs.....


The restored summit area.....


Views of Cort ma Law.....



I could have followed forest tracks back past the Celtic training ground but I wasn't sure whether these would still be available so I just returned by my route of ascent.

No comments: