Monday 28 October 2019

Brown Hill (Ochils)

21 October 2019

Participants: Just me
Where: Brown Hill, 419m/1,375', P 35m, Tump, OS 57, NN 834 002

The days have fairly drawn in and unless we get a really sunny spell of weather I am now concentrating on my list of hills to do closer to home during the winter period. Brown Hill is a bit of an insignificant looking Ochil outlier reached from the Sheriffmuir road at the map spot height 249m but it provided reasonable walking conditions. I had to cross a field initially and while there was plenty of evidence of cows having been present not so long ago, the field was empty today. This is a view of the hill and its southern top, Loss Hill, from near Sheriffmuir.....
 
 
Starting up the hill proper.....
 
 
Insignificant it may look but it was a fine viewpoint. This is looking to the west from part way up; the familiar shapes of Ben Ledi, Stuc a'Chroin and Ben Vorlich in view.....
 
 
The summit area, just east of an old fence, with Dumyat and the Forth and some familiar landmarks....
 
 
 
To the east is Colsnaur Hill, I'm not sure if I've done that one or not so a visit will be necessary.....
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: