Friday 1 February 2019

Mount Zion (Milngavie)

1 February 2019
 
Participants: Just me
Where: Mount Zion, 171m/561', P 40m, Tump, OS 64, NS 532 774
 
It was a very foggy morning but turned into a gloriously sunny afternoon. Mount Zion is the highest point of the Hilton Park golf course and I had been waiting for a day when the course was ice bound and there would be no golfers around. Today was that day. As well as the ground being rock hard, it had been snowing in that area so the course was definitely unplayable. So I had it to myself.
 
I left my car in the main car park at Mugdock as the road beyond that point was fairly iced up. This meant that some of the early part of the walk was downhill but it made for a longer and better day. About 200 yards after the bridge over the Allander Water, I left the road and went through a gate into the golf course. The view up the fairways towards the highest point.....
 
 
Approaching the summit area, the golf course extends beyond it.....
 
 
The trig with Dumgoyne in the background.....
 
 
Craigallion Loch and Dumgoyne. The West Highland Way runs through the valley and along beside the loch.....
 
 
More Campsie hills.....
 
 
The view west.....
 
 
and looking back down the fairways.....
 
 

No comments: