Wednesday 5 September 2018

Binny Craig

5 September 2018
 
Participants: Just me
Where: Binny Craig, 221m/725', P43, TuMP, OS 65, NT 043735
 
I t was a beautiful morning but with rain forecast later and the rest of the week wasn't looking very promising so I set off early to climb this West Lothian landmark. I had been here many moons ago on club climbing evenings but I wasn't sure that I had ever been to the top; I suppose that I must have been but I wanted to make sure. Binny Craig is a classic Crag and Tail- an igneous intrusion into softer shales. I approached by the path from a minor road to the south, parking was a bit difficult but I got as far as possible off the road about 200m west of the start of the path. Binny Craig from the path.....
 
 
A fine looking hill.....
 
 
 
It was a steep wee climb up to the highest point. Almost there.....
 
 
The trig with the highest point behind it.....
 
 
Looking north down the Tail, the River Forth and Fife in the distance.....
 
 
Looking west to the Bathgate and Riccarton hills.....
 
 
I was looking into the sun in the direction of Edinburgh and the Pentlands, evening would be best for this shot.....
 
 

No comments: