Saturday 8 August 2015

Craigendarroch

6 August 2015

Participants: Neil and Ben
Where: Craigendarroch, 402m/1,319', Sub-2k Marilyn, OS Map 37, NO 365965

It looked as if we were to get some respite from the dismal conditions of summer 2015 so I decided to head for Deeside and take the opportunity to add another Marilyn to my list. But I also needed something for the day that I travelled up and chose Craigendarroch, which I'd climbed a few times before but not since I got a digital camera. The hill dominates Ballater and you get a good view of it from the banks of the Dee.....


It was a getting better type of day but there was still a lot of heavy cloud around when I parked at the start of the path up, in the appropriately named Craigendarroch Road. The hill is tree covered and definitely needs a "haircut" as the view from the top is now getting pretty obscured.

Ben at the trig.....

The cairn, tomorrows hill, the Coyles of Muick (the pointed top), with Lochnagar behind.....


a zoom of the Coyles of Muick.....


and a zoom of Lochnagar.....

No comments: