Monday 25 March 2024

Beinn Leabhainn (Glen Ogle)

 24 March 2024

Where: Beinn Leabhainn, 709m/2326', P 41m, Tump, OS 51, NN 576 283

Good weather days have been few and far between this year but when another came along I decided that it was time for a Highland hill. I had climbed the Graham, Meall Buidhe, overlooking Glen Ogle a few years ago and before I had heard of Tumps; Beinn Leabhainn shares the same approach track initially but of course I had not given it a second thought when I previously visited.

I parked in the car park at the head of the Glen and followed the excellent track that zig zags up the hillside to a communications mast. Initially this is through a forest but there were occasional breaks providing a view across the Glen to Creag Mac Ranaich.....


Once above the trees the same view opened up.....

and shortly afterwards Ben More and Stobinian came into view.....


The going was OK once I left the track, this is looking towards the summit.....

I headed north of the summit to enjoy the views from the ridge, a good choice. The views north beyond Loch Tay to the Tarmachan and Lawers hills were excellent.....



Approaching the summit, Ben Vorlich and Stuc a'Chroin came into view.....


This is these two hills seen over Meall Buidhe....

and a view in the other direction to Ben More and Stobinian with Beinn Dubhcraig, Ben Lui and Beinn Chuirn to their right....

Beinn Leabhainn is a much better viewpoint than its higher neighbour and well worth adding on to it if you are bagging Grahams.

No comments: