Wednesday 1 February 2023

Craig More (Comrie)

 30 January 2023

Participants: Just me

Where: Craig More, 169m/554', P 41m, Tump, OS 51/52, NN 786 228

Craig More is a wooded hill to the east of Comrie accessed by a track starting at The Milton. There was good parking opposite the start of the track. Just before the track started to level out, a faint path marked by a wooden post went off to the left. I followed this crossing a burn via a lovely old stone bridge.....

after which it reverted to a track again with my objective now in front of me...... 

I followed this round to the north side of Craig More where there was another track heading up the hill. This one disappeared into thick undergrowth so after faffing about for a bit I returned to the main track, carried on a few metres further east to where the trees thinned out and set off up the hill again. Very soon I had regained the hill track which clearly had been blocked by the thick undergrowth and which went all the way to within a few yards of the summit, marked by a wooden cairn.....

The trees were a bit thinner at the summit and there was an excellent view of Ben Halton and Mor Bheinn to the west.....



No comments: