Sunday 26 June 2022

Doon Hill (Aberfoyle)

 25 June 2022

Participants: Just me

Where: Doon Hill, 77m/253', P 59m, Tump, OS 57, NN 525 001

A return visit to a hill that I have climbed a number of times before. Although tree covered, there are numerous paths up and it receives lots of visitors due no doubt to it's connection with the fairies. There is a lot of information on the internet about it.

Leaving the car park in the centre of Aberfoyle, I passed the old Kirk and cemetery, well worth a visit in itself. This is a view of Doon Hill from there.....

The hill is well signposted and there are information boards.....

Obviously there are a lot of superstitious folk about as the tree on top is well decorated, although I am not sure what the purpose is in hanging coronavirus masks, maybe a request to the fairies to keep the virus away from them?



I completed the walk by following a track along the south side of the hill.


 

No comments: