Tuesday 3 March 2020

New England, Dalmeny

3 March 2020

Participants: Just me
Where: New England, 68m/223', P 31m, Tump, OS 65, NT 164 783

 The weather had improved but there were forecast showers in the west but sunshine in the east so I headed back to Queensferry to complete the Dalmeny estate Tumps. A view of the bridge in the (fairly) early morning sunshine.....


I followed the shore track, branching off towards Mons Hill but following another track along its north side before descending to the col between Mons Hill and New England. A view down the Forth towards Cramond Island and Edinburgh from the track.....


The woodland on New England was fairly open but it was a bit messy compared to the other two hills. The high point was obvious though- beside an old wall which provided a nice seat in the early spring sunshine.....


I descended to the side of a large pond and rejoined the track which I followed east to join the shore track about a mile and a bit further on from where I had left it. Another view of Cramond Island and Edinburgh.....


The walk was almost 6 miles in length and by the time that I got back to the car I was feeling every yard of it. Age, and my past illnesses, are fast catching up on me. I certainly couldn't do the bigger hills now and shall have to concentrate on the Tumps. Still, a lot of them, although low, are in impressive situations. I shall keep going as long as I can; I haven't given up on reaching the Tump Hall of Fame yet!

No comments: