Sunday 7 October 2018

Knock Hill

6 October 2018
 
Participants: Just me
Where: Knock Hill, 364m/1194', P 112m, HuMP, OS 58, NT 053937
 
The weather had remained nice so I decided to take advantage and do another hill. I had passed and seen Knock Hill in Fife on many occasions but never ventured up, time to rectify that.....
 
 
No problems parking for this one, there is a large area of ground outside the Knockhill racing circuit and from there, a track goes all the way to the communication masts on the summit. Trials for a motor cycle event were taking place and the noise followed me all the way up the hill. There was a good view down on the circuit from the summit area though......
 
 
As I had expected, it was an excellent viewpoint. This is looking to the Ochil Hills with the Wallace Monument outside Stirling in the distance and on the horizon, just visible, Ben Lomond.....
 
 
The neighbouring HuMP to the west, Saline Hill looks much nicer- it doesn't have all the ariels and huts on top. One to do on another day........ 
 
 
As is the forested hill to the north, Wether Hill, now that I've seen that it is free of trees on top.....
 
 

No comments: