Friday 22 January 2016

Tomtain

22 January 2016

Participants: Neil and Ben
Where: Tomtain, 453m/1,486', Tump, NS 721 814

It was raining heavily this morning but cleared up about noon so I drove to the high car park above Kilsyth and walked up Tomtain, a minor top in the Campsie's. Lots of water on the path as the snow had melted overnight. There was still rain about so didn't go any further. But it got me out.

Approaching the top.....


Ben at the trig looking east.....


Meikle Bin in the distance, the shapeliest of the Campsies.....


Meikle Bin and the Carron Valley Reservoir.....



2 comments:

blueskyscotland said...

With this level of constant rain I bet an ascent of Meikle Bin is a mud bath at present as it was cut up the last time I visited. Tomtain is a better path but many trails up the hills must be suffering badly during this wet winter.

Neil said...

Maybe memory fades as you get older but I reckon that this is one of the worst winters that we have endured for many a year, Bob. There has hardly been a day since the beginning of November when it hasn't rained. Forecast for this month is more of the same. Looks like it will be a while yet before I start visiting these new Marilyns that I have planned.