Monday 23 July 2012

Pressendye

21 July 2012.

Participants - Neil and Ben
Where - Pressendye, 619m/2,031', Graham, Map 37, NJ 490089

Pressendye is the most easterly Graham north of the river Dee; it rises above the farmland north of the village of Tarland.....


The sun was out when I set off although it looked as though there were a few showers about. I had read that it was possible to park at the farm at Petts but there was a big sign saying no unauthorised vehicles and I couldn't find anyone to ask so I drove back down to the B9119 and parked at the entrance to the farm road. I then walked back to the farm, through the farmyard, and on to a track that continued all the way to the summit. From the farm, there was a good view back across the farmland of Cromar to a distant Mount Keen, the most easterly Munro......


The first bit of the walk was through an old forest, the trees were well spaced out and there was an occasional view to Morven to the west.....


There were lots of signs saying that walkers were welcome and also a few of these......


I am not sure what the route was an alternative to but the marker posts served to keep me on the right track! Leaving the forest behind, it was just a case of following the track straight uphill through the heather to the substantial cairn and a trig.....


I was really impressed with this hill; although of the spacious variety, the views were excellent and I spent a fair bit of time at the cairn. Morven dominated the view to the west.....


The Buck was prominent to the north, it's one that I must do again sometime, my only previous visit was a quick dash to the top to avoid stalkers.....


This is looking north west in the general direction of Glenlivet, I wasn't able to identify any of the hills but it was a great view anyhow.....


I met a few other people on the hill; they had all come up from Tarland and it seems that there is a good route from there starting at a car park. One to investigate for a future visit as I am sure that this is a hill that I will come back to some day.

No comments: