Friday 31 May 2019

Cnoc Brannan (Glen Artney)

24 May 2019

Participants: Just me
Where: Cnoc Brannan (Glen Artney), 398m/1,306', P 90m, OS 57, NN 722 158

The sun had reappeared but the forecast was saying that this was the last day of the current good spell. So I needed to take advantage of it. I parked in the church car park in Glen Artney, walked back along the road a wee bit and took the track that went south around the flank of Cnoc Brannan. It was just a case of following this until I chose to head up the western slopes of my objective, This is the hill from the car park.....


There was a fine view of Beinn Dearg on the other side of Glen Artney.....


It was easy going on grass slopes. Glen Artney is a fine glen providing an approach to Stuc a'Chroin and Ben Vorlich, rather longer than the normal route from Loch Lubnaig or Loch Earn. I did it once this way. Higher up there was some heather but it was easily avoided and it didn't take too long before I was at the unmarked summit. Some views, firstly up the glen to the two Munros.....



north to Ben Chonzie.....

The Graham Uamh Bheag.....


Down the Findhu Glen towards the Marilyn Ben Clach


Another excellent short walk.

No comments: