Monday 27 March 2017

Dunglass

26 March 2017

Participants: Just me
Where: Dunglass, 153m/502', Tump, OS 64, NS 574 788
 
I have passed this lump of volcanic rock just outside Strathblane on many occasions and wondered what the view would be like from the top. It was a beautiful day yesterday and I had nothing planned so I decided to go and have a look.....
 


 I left the car in the church car park at Strathblane and walked along the cycle track passed the hill until I could enter the fields by a gate. The ground between the track and the crag was very muddy in places and there was a ditch which I was careful to avoid. Then it was across a field and round to the less steep south slopes. This is the view; looking over Strathblane with the Luss hills on the horizon.....
 
the low hills to the west.....
 
 
and east down the valley to Cort ma Law.....
 
 

It was the warmest day of the year and it was really pleasant loafing about on top of the crag. To complete the round, I descended by the west slopes and made my way back through the fields to another gate that let me back on to the cycle path. A good way of spending an hour!
 

No comments: