Monday 27 February 2023

Dunearn Hill (Fife)

 24 February 2023

Participants: Just me

Where: Dunearn Hill (Fife), 224m/734', P99m, Tump, OS 66, NT 211874

It was a nice sunny day and I found that I had time for a short hill walk between appointments for the dentist and the vet (only one of these was for me!). So I drove through to Fife to bag Dunearn Hill which stands north of Burntisland. It is a two topped hill with a nice pond in the valley between the tops. The north top is the higher but the south top is the viewpoint. It is currently adorned by a sofa, goodness knows how it was transported up here. I parked in Standingstanes Road opposite the start of a track that went up to a communications mast; the twin tops were just beyond.

The pond between the tops and the north top from the pond.....


The main top is tree lined with the high point at the west end of a nice narrow ridge.....


The main top from the south top.....

View to the Forth bridges.....

Across the Forth to the Pentland Hills.....

Looking over Burntisland and the view down the estuary to North Berwick Law.....

A delightful little hill.

No comments: