Monday 27 February 2023

Berry Hill (Muirshiel)

 26 February 2023

Participants: Just me

Where: Berry Hill, 303m/994', P 30m. Tump, OS 63, NS 243 691

Tussocks! Muirshiel is one of the worst areas that I have come across for them and Berry Hill, to the south of the Cornalees visitor centre was no exception.....

Fortunately, it was only a short ascent from Old Largs Road and the ground was dry. I parked at Rottenburn bridge and ascended from there straight to the summit. There was a small cairn and the views from it were not too shabby! The view to Arran.....

To Dunoon.....


To Bute and Rothesay.....


North over Loch Thom to distant Ben Lomond.....


East to Creuch Hill, another Tump and it looked as if the going was just as bad on it.....

Back at the car, I drove another mile south to a big parking area where I sat and ate my lunch. There was a good view of Berry Hill from there.....



No comments: