Saturday 28 January 2023

Hillfoot Hill

 26 January 2023.

Participants: Just me

Where: Hillfoot Hill, 442m/1,450', P 53m, Tump, OS 58. NN 969 005

An Ochil Hills hill that I had been avoiding until now as it was cloaked in dark conifers. However a lot of them, including the summit area, had been felled. I parked in the community wood car park to the south of the hill on a back road from Dollar to Tillicoultry, a short distance from the start of an excellent forestry track that headed up and round the hill passing close to the summit. The lower slopes were also clear of trees and I soon came across a viewpoint with a seat. Good view from here south to Knock Hill and Saline Hill.....

At a junction I took the left hand branch which rose gradually up the west and north sides of the hill. Another view south to Knock Hill.....

There didn't seem to be any easy route up the summit brash from there so I carried on descending slightly to the east side of the hill. From here I was looking down to Glenquey reservoir with Innerdownie rising to the north of it.....

The brash looked much easier from the east side so I went up here. The summit views were to Knock Hill.....

to West Lomond.....

and to King's Seat.....

Back down at the track I continued it round the south side of the hill back to the junction, stopping at the viewpoint for a coffee and a bite to eat, and then on to the car park. Another view of King's Seat from the track....



No comments: