Saturday 9 July 2022

Aberdeenshire Tumps and Humps Day 6: Clashmach Hill (Huntly)

 5 July 2022

Where: Clashmach Hill, 375m/1,230', P 63, Tump, OS 28/29, NJ 497 384

The final walk of my trip and one of the hills that had been on my radar for a while. I parked in a picnic area at the entrance to the town, crossed the main road and walked past Huntly Mart to the start of the path up the hill. It wound its way steadily up between an avenue of gorse.....

View of Huntly from part way up.....

Looking north to The Knock from part way up- I did this Banff-shire Marilyn a few years ago.....

The gorse gave way to grass and heather but the path continued all the way to the summit and the trig. The hill beyond (looking south) is Tap o'Noth, another previously climbed Marilyn....




Ben Rinnes was just visible to the west.....

I sat at the summit and watched a shower of rain pass over Huntly and the northern hills, it passed quickly and the visibility soon returned to excellent.....

The view over the Aberdeenshire farmland to the west.....

Rain clearing The Knock as I started down.....

What a great way to finish my few days away; Clashmach Hill is a wonderful viewpoint easily attained. 



No comments: