Friday 18 June 2021

Tollie Hill and Albion Park (Fife)

17 June 2021

Participants: Just me

Where: Tollie Hill, 159m/522', P 33m, Tump, OS 58, NT 166 933 and Albion Park, 169m/554', P 36m, Tump, OS 58, NT 188 929

A visit to Fife and the unlikely hill walking start of Cowdenbeath station.....

Tollie Hill lies to the north-east of the town. I walked from the station to Golf Course Road, crossed a playing field and picked up a series of paths that passed the edge of a small loch and led all the way to the summit. The approach....

I hadn't been expecting much but it turned out to be a surprisingly good viewpoint.  North to Benarty Hill.....

Bishop Hill and East Lomond.....

East to Largo Law.....

Lochgelly, my next destination.....

I found another path that took me under the railway line and past a sports centre to the main road.....

 A small  number of Tump summits are in built up areas but Albion Park must be unique as the top is in a football ground, the home ground of Lochgelly Albert! The high point is the top of the west terracing but everything was locked up and the nearest point I could reach was the car park which apparently is acceptable as the "tick" summit.....





No comments: