Tuesday 4 August 2020

Dundas Hill (Kirkliston)

1 August 2020

Participants: Just me

Where: Dundas Hill, 118m/387', P. 44m, Tump, OS 65, NT 115 765

This Tump is the highest point in Dundas estate south of Kirkliston, near Edinburgh. There was a convenient lay-by close to the south entrance to the estate, which seems to welcome visitors as there are walking routes signposted.  The route passed a picturesque lake and some glamping huts.....




Once passed the lake, I headed up a grass path towards a wall, followed it uphill, through a gate, and joined another track running along the summit ridge. There was a choice of points that might be the summit; I reckoned that it was just south of an old stone wall but it could have been in the trees to the north on a wee ridge. Where I thought it was.....


There was view to the north from the edge of the wooded area.....


and a glimpse of the Pentland Hills to the south from close to what I thought was the summit.....


I wandered back down to the lake on another track and all in all, it was a really pleasant short outing.






No comments: