Wednesday 17 July 2019

Byreside Hill

13 July 2019

Participants: Just me
Where: Byreside Hill, 246m/807', P 32m, TuMP, OS 64, NS 509 524

I had passed this one a few times- it is just off the M77 south of Newton Mearns. When they built the new road, they seemed to have dumped a lot of the excavated material close to it and were now in the final stages of flattening the material out. Or something like that....I don't really know. Anyway, you have to skirt the work area to get to the hill so I left it to a Sunday when all would be quiet. I started from the path to the Little Loch trout fishery but after a few yards moved on to the flattened area, much easier walking! This meant that I could follow a fence all the way up the hill and avoid the worst of the grasses, which were waist high in places. I was pleasantly surprised by the view from the top. Byreside Hill from Little Loch.....


Looking south to a couple of other nearby TuMPs, Cairn Hill and Floak Hill.....


The hill overlooks Brother Loch with yet another TuMP, James's Hill and its wind turbines beyond.....


and the view towards Paisley/Glasgow and the Clyde with Ben Lomond distant left.....


Not bad at all.

No comments: