Sunday 3 December 2023

Craig Roman (Blairgowrie)

 24 November 2023

Where: Craig Roman, 210m/689', P 42m, Tump, OS 53, NO 163 457

It was time for the annual Dundee Mountain Film Festival. Weather permitting, I do a hill on the Friday going to Dundee and another on the Sunday when I am making my way back down. This year, I diverted to go to Blairgowrie to take in Craig Roman, a Tump just to the north of the town. I managed to find a place to park well up the hill, at the start of a track which was actually the route of the Catteran Trail. The lower part of Craig Roman is called Knockie Hill and it was signposted from the track. I followed the path to The Knockie viewpoint which provides a fine view over Dundee to the Sidlaw Hills.....

The Tump summit is slightly above and further west, the whole area is planted with a crop. However, it was all stubble today and the farmer was out collecting the bales. So I was able to venture about 40m into the field to what I judged to be the highest point.

Follow the tram lines to the summit.....

Summit.....

Looking west.....

Looking east.....



No comments: