Thursday 1 December 2022

Pole Hill (Sidlaw Hills)

25 November 2022

Participants: Just me

Where: Pole Hill, 288m/945', P 105m, Hump, OS 53/58, NO 195 260

I was on my way to the Dundee Mountain Film Festival, which was returning after a two year absence. The weather was cloudy but dry as I parked at the high point of a B class road to the east of the hill. There was a fairly substantial lay-by and also verge parking with a gate permitting access to the slopes. The trig just visible from the start.....


There was a good track initially, as far as a couple of barb wire fences. I had read that there were a couple of shaky styles crossing these although I didn't know which field they were in. Fortunately I guessed correctly (they are to the right of another fence). Once over, it the field was replaced by easy heather mixed with grass with the trig now obviously ahead.....


The clouds were clearing as I reached the top although it remained hazy in the distance. The trig and looking east towards Lundie.....



and looking west towards distant Murrayshall Hill south of Scone.....


A nice easy hill and a good viewpoint even on a less than perfect day.


No comments: