Wednesday 19 May 2021

Kilduff Hill (Drem)

 18 May 2021

Participants: Just me

Where: Kilduff Hill, 138m/453', P 47m, Tump, OS 66, NT 514776

It took 6 trains to get me there and back, but it was worth it to avoid the Edinburgh City Bypass!

The track to the hill started at Drem station.....


It was a very pleasant walk with views of North Berwick Law to the east across the extensive East Lothian farmland.....



I left the track where it turned sharply east and headed straight up through the wood; I was pleasantly surprised at the easy going. High up, I spotted a deer.....

There is a good path running east to west along the ridge line, I followed it east on the way back joining the road a few hundred yards from where I had left it. But first a visit to the high point which was just off the path to the north.....

No view from the top but that didn't matter as once back on the track it was open views towards Fife with the Lomond Hills clearly visible all the way to the station......





No comments: