Saturday 21 March 2020

Barr Wood Hill (Stirling)

19 March 2020

Participants: Just me
Where: Barr Wood Hill, 154m/505', P 34m, Tump, OS 57, NS 790 868

In line with Government advice, all my hill walking will be within a short distance of home for the foreseeable future. Exercise is important, there is only myself and Ben in the car, and social distancing is easy on the Tumps. I am already finding myself doing hills that I never imagined that I would ever do!

Barr Wood Hill is just south of Stirling and is normally home to a major scout camp. However, no scouts will be there for a while now so I was able to wander about without hindrance. I parked at the end of a minor road to the south and walked up the track to the scout car park.....



There were a number of paths heading across and up the hill and it was simply a case of following these until I spotted the high point, or more accurately a couple of them. I visited both just to be sure. There had been tree thinning going on so there were some views, including a good one to the north to the still snow covered Stuc a'Chroin and Ben Vorlich.....





A very pleasant wander.

No comments: