Friday 19 January 2018

It's not golf- Byres Hill

18 January 2018
 
Participants: Just me
Where: Byres Hill, 55m/180', Tump, OS 64, NS 501648
 
A number of Tumps are also golf courses, including Byres Hill on the boundary between Glasgow and Paisley. The heavy snowfall that we have had in the past week provided an opportunity to bag it without having to dodge golf balls and golfers. Although the flags were still in the greens, the whole place was waterlogged with large snow patches; can't see any golf being played there for a while. The forecast wasn't very good with heavy showers forecast and sure enough, as I parked in a nearby street, I could see that heavy rain/snow was approaching. Still, only a short walk so I went for it.

On a good day, this would be a fine viewpoint. This was not a good day but it was still worthwhile. A fox scuttled past while I was taking photos at the trig.

The trig point.....


With Glasgow beyond.....


Glasgow again.....


Paisley.....


The precipitation that was approaching was clearly neither light nor short lived so I high tailed it back downhill as fast as I could. I just about made it to the car.

1 comment:

blueskyscotland said...

Did that one a few years back on borrowed cross country gear skiing over six inches of perfect snow cover. Really enjoyed it.