Friday 3 October 2014

Out of action/ Book to be published shortly

3 October 2014

I've been unable to go hillwalking for the last few weeks due partly to a knee injury and partly because I had another (unrelated) hospital stay. However I'm over the latter and the former seems to be clearing up at last. It was a simple tweak of the muscles below the kneecap when I was coming down the hill but I could hardly walk the following days. Years of hillwalking must be taking their toll! I'll have to go even slower in future.

I hope to try my knee out in a short walk when I am at the MBA AGM in the north of England in a fortnights time. Talking of the MBA, the 50th anniversary book which I have been working (with others) on compiling for the past two years is to be published next week. It is a celebration of  half a century's worth of maintaining bothies- tales of work parties, the buildings themselves and the folk who used to live in them, bothy nights and so on. Lots of photos and drawings as well. Hope folk find it a good read. It can be obtained through the MBA website www.mountainbothies.org.uk and all profits go towards the on-going work of maintaining these fine shelters.

1 comment:

blueskyscotland said...

I used to be a real bothy fanatic
when I was younger and bagged them like hills but I've slowed down since then. The book should be a good read judging by the number of absolute eccentrics I've met who are in the MBA.
Several of them are still friends but remain borderline psychopaths.
Hope your knee recovers soon Neil.