Wednesday 30 January 2013

Creag Each (Glen Tarken)

Participants - Just me
Where - Creag Each (Glen Tarken), 672m/2,204', Graham, Map 51, NN 652264

This was a winter 2009 trip. I drove up to St Fillans at the east end of Loch Earn and parked in a car park on the lochside next to the sailing club and just west of the village. This is Creag Each seen from the approach to St Fillans.....


From the car park it was only a short walk back to the start of a track that went up Glen Tarken. The track was in good nick and I made speedy progress (for me!) up the glen to a point where a burn came down from my intended hill. Being December, the worst of the grass and heather was past and as it had been frosty overnight, the ground was reasonably firm. This is looking to the summit from the track.....


As I got higher, the Ben Lawers hills came into view to the north.....


although they were not revealed in all of their glory until I reached the summit.....


The summit of this one was easy to find, a cairn on top of a rocky outcrop. It was a typical December day so the distant views were not that great; this is looking west in the general direction of Glen Ogle.....


There is a second Graham in Glen Tarken, Creag Ruadh. The two together must make a good round in the summer. For today, however, I just wandered back to the car. Creag Ruadh is still on my to do list.

No comments: