Monday 10 May 2010

Green Hill

9 May 2010.

Participants - Just me
Where - Green Hill, 588m/1,930', Sub-2,000' Marilyn, Map 71/78, NS 862125

I was returning from a weekend of MBA meetings at Langwathby and as the weather had brightened up, I diverted the short distance to Wanlockhead to do Green Hill. I had climbed this once before but on a poor day with no views so this was an opportunity to see what I had missed. This is Green Hill from the road approaching Wanlockhead.....



and this is a view of Wanlockhead from the climb.....


It was a very easy climb from a high start point and an hour up and down was all it took. The hill is actually named Stood Hill on the map with a 587m spot height but the actual highest point is supposed to be further south-east although it is not obvious. As well as not being named on the map there is no cairn; poor Green Hill! The summit is somewhere around here with a view of Lowther Hill and it's masts in the background.....

No comments: